We are in the car today driving up to Rochester, NY to stay the night with Sarah’s parents. They are being very gracious and are going to watch Sadie for 2 weeks(!). Then early Saturday morning we begin our roadtrip out west to get to Burley, Idaho for a Committee on Preparation for Ministry (CPM) meeting for my Annual Consultation. This will be our third annual trip out to Idaho to meet with my CPM; I really do like Idaho, but we can’t keep making this our main vacation for the year. Last year we hit up Glacier National Park for a few days, and this year it will be Yellowstone. So, we haven’t run out of things to do yet. Here is what we’re up to for the next two weeks.
- 8/10: Rochester, NY. We’re staying with Sarah’s parents and then we hit the road early Saturday morning.
- 8/11: Verona, WI. Verona is just outside of Madison, WI and we’ll be staying with my uncle on their farm.
- 8/12: Dickinson, ND. We’re just stopping over here for the night, but April told us about the Enchanted Highway just outside of Dickinson, so we hope to make it there and get some good photos of the world’s tallest metal sculptures (or so they claim).
- 8/13-15: Yellowstone National Park. We’ll be camping for three nights, eating some buffalo burgers, running with the bison and hopefully checking out some beautiful hikes and wildlife.
- 8/16-18: Hagerman, ID. We’ll be staying with the family I lived with for two years when I was a youth pastor in Idaho. I have my CPM meeting on Friday, the 17th, and then we’ll be hanging out in Twin Falls, with some friends from the church and going to church and an after church pool party(!) in Wendell. That evening, we’ll drive up to Missoula, MT.
- 8/19-20: Missoula, MT. We both really like Missoula, so we’ll be hanging out here for a day with my sister and her friend Simon. Should be good times.
- 8/21: Fargo, ND/Moorhead, MN. This is just a pitstop for the night, but I’ve always wanted to check out Fargo…
- 8/22: Elkhart/Goshen, IN. We’ll be crashing with another aunt and uncle and get a chance to head into Goshen to visit my grandpa before we take off as well. It will be good to see some family.
- 8/23: Rochester, NY. Back again with Sarah’s parents. I have a feeling they’ll be glad to see us, and to give Sadie back to us.
- 8/24: Princeton, NJ. We’ll get back home and have the evening to study before we take the Church Polity Ordination Exam on Saturday morning. It’s our last ordination exam and we’ll both be VERY glad to be done with it.
So, there is a lot going on in the next 2 weeks. I expect blogging to be sporadic, but I’m sure we’ll be posting photos up on our Flickr site, so keep checking that. Be back in two weeks.