I’m fairly certain that this widget doesn’t really work anymore. Or rather, I don’t know that the directions below for trying to find your RSS feed for your statuses is really accurate. But for those of you who might be able to figure it out, I’ll leave it up.
I’ve become quite a fan of Facebook and I update my status messages fairly often. I wanted some way to incorporate updates like that onto my blog. But couldn’t think of an easy way. Of course, I could go back to using Twitter and use one of the many Twitter-to-WordPress plugins that exist, but I really wanted to just stick with Facebook. So I wasn’t sure how to go about doing it – as there aren’t any plugins available for putting your Facebook status on a WordPress blog.
But then I found sideRSS, created by Chris Hatcher. It pulls in RSS feeds into your sidebar. Now if only there was an RSS feed for your Status Updates on Facebook…actually, there is. Here is how to find it:
- Go to your Facebook Profile.
- Click on the Mini-Feed bar so you can see all of your recent activity.
- Click “See All” on the top right of that box.
- Under “View” on the right, you’ll see a long list of “Stories” – click on “Status Stories.”
- Underneath the list, you will now see “Subscribe to these Stories – My Status.”
- Right click on “My Status” and Choose “Copy Link Location.” The URL of that link is what you will need to insert in to the URL of the plugin.
Once I had my Status Update RSS and sideRSS, I hacked sideRSS around a little bit and came up with StatusPress – my own plugin that takes your Facebook status updates and puts them onto your WordPress blog. Download it below and have fun. WordPress.com users check out this tutorial to add your Facebook status to your WordPress.com blog.